1. "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will
annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
(Herm Albright quotes 1876-1944)
2. Overheard at the Nativity; "Oh look, it's a girl".
(Tim Brooke-Taylor exploring interesting alternatives.)
3. "Don't just rely on your beliefs.
Everything is more complex than it seems,
and being passionate doesn't make you right".
(Alan Alda……who incidentally GOF admires greatly)
4. "Raising 34 children, and managing 12 wives
takes some doing."
(understatement from Mr Kagul Koroka, Governor of
Papua New Guinea's Western Highlands.)
5. Tom Lehrer (the God of Gofism) song lyrics from
"When you are old and gray"
An awful debility,
A lessened utility.
A loss of mobility,
Is a strong possibility.
In all probability,
I'll lose my virility,
And you, your fertility
And this liability
Of total sterility,
Will lead to hostility,
And a sense of futility,
For we'll soon reach senility
And lose the ability.
6. "Times have changed in Australia so we thought it was time
to change our bottles to a brand new look, but we know its the
water you love"
(Marketing bullshit to perpetuate the biggest commercial mass
hoodwinking operation of my lifetime. Aimed at those who
are gullible enough to pay $4 litre for something which is
available free of charge from any public water supply in
7. Word definitions from Graeme Garden and friends;
colonnade; a fizzy enema
antelope; to run off with your mother's sister.